“But thousands and thousands of people, all people, have the same light in them, have their own creative power in them, if they would only come to see it, respect it, and let it out.”
Brenda Ueland, If You Want To Write
When I approach art–any art–I approach it with the awe of creative power. As a military brat and the child of a Cuban-American and a Canadian, I am lucky to have had the opportunity to spend most of my life moving between cultures. As an adult, I have continued to experience diverse stories; both real and fictional.
A few more short stories about me:
- I went to undergrad at Florida State University–initially for theater but finished with a B.A. in International Affairs.
- I went to graduate school at George Washington University for my M.A. in International Affairs and Security Studies.
- I have worked for:
- the U.S. Embassy in Bolivia
- a Japanese restaurant
- the U.S. Mission to the UN Agencies in Rome, Italy
- a Mexican restaurant
- a strategic communications company
- I am now working for a web development company as a digital strategist. I like helping people be better storytellers in the digital world.
- I try my hand at spoken word, Zumba, karaoke, horseback riding, and yoga.
I believe that everyone has a strange destiny engine fueled by the sum of their desires, experiences, and privileges. If we are really lucky, we find ways to express our gifts in all facets of our life.
It certainly makes for interesting stories.